Experienced Triangle Dentist Dr. E. Scott Saltzman has implemented a number of new protocols to keep patients and staff safe from Covid-19. On Monday, May 11th, 2020 the offices opened to well patients. Like many professional services, dental offices had been shut down for two months in North Carolina in the important effort to reduce the number of Coronavirus cases. Patients are now seeing a variety of new procedures as they begin to Saltzman Family and Cosmetic Dentistry.
Dr. Saltzman has put in place several new procedures for patients and staff. Due to blog length, here are six very important changes:
- Staff health: All team members will check their temperatures prior to arriving for work. They will wear face masks, face shields, gloves and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Reception area closed: To maintain social distancing protocol, the reception area will remain closed. Patients should stay in their vehicles and call the office upon arrival. They will be called back when our team member is ready for them.
- Patient protection: Patients will have their temperatures taken prior to treatment. They also must sanitize their hands upon arrival, before using any pens to fill out paperwork, or using the restroom.
- Surface disinfection: Throughout the day, team members will disinfect commonly touched surfaces. Doors will remain open in the inner office to reduce unnecessary touches.
- Air purification: The lobby and each treatment room have been specially equipped with medical grade air purifying systems.
- Travel or illness: Saltzman asks patients to report if they are experiencing a fever, cough or have difficulty breathing. Patients also need to report recent travel within the U.S. or outside the U.S. to certain countries, including Italy, South Korea, Iran and China.
These new procedures will help protect both the patient and the staff of E. Scott Saltzman DMD Family and Cosmetic Dentistry.
Current patients of Dr. Saltzman who were scheduled for an appointment during the shutdown, will be rescheduled by calling the office.
This informative post about dental health and cosmetic treatments is brought to you by Saltzman Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Cary NC. Please call us for an appointment today.
919 380 9311
202 Town Village Drive
Cary, NC 27513
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
The material contained in this blog article is intended solely for informational purposes and is not intended to be offered as medical advice in any manner or form. Always consult a dentist, doctor or licensed medical professional with any questions.