No one should ever leave our dental office with tooth restorations that look unnatural. Cary-based dentist Dr. E. Scott Saltzman puts it this way about his practice: “Our goal is to provide dentistry that is undetectable. We replace existing crowns and fillings with restorations that look and feel like natural teeth.”
One of the ways E. Scott Saltzman DMD Family and Cosmetic Dentistry accomplishes that goal is through the use of porcelain crowns. There are many advantages to porcelain crowns, including strength, appearance and function.
Patients considering crowns in Cary and the Triangle need to understand these five important facts:
- Certain situations require crowns: Crowns are reserved for the most serious situations, in which teeth are badly broken or diseased. Many less serious tooth problems can be solved with bonding procedures, fillings or veneers.
- Crowns are long-term solutions: Crowns can last 20 to 30 years, which is as close to a permanent solution as possible in dentistry. This is two to three times longer than fillings typically last.
- Strength and functionality: Porcelain is remarkable strong. Crowns can effectively replace the strength and function of natural teeth, making them a logical treatment for severe disease or damage. In certain circumstances, porcelain is bonded with gold to provide even more durability and strength
- Completely natural appearance: Today’s crowns are crafted to match the color and contour of the original tooth. A crown fits over the entire surface of the natural tooth, blending perfectly with adjacent teeth.
- The crown process itself: Fitting a crown requires at least two visits to the dentist, the first visit to remove decay, shape the tooth, take impressions, select a shade and fit it with a temporary plastic crown. On the second visit, the dentist will remove the temporary crown, and then fit and adjust the final crown. Finally, the crown is cemented to the underlying natural tooth.
Dr. Saltzman wants all his Triangle patients to have beautiful smiles and great dental health. We believe that patients should never have the need to put off getting or replacing a crown. Please contact the friendly staff at E. Scott Saltzman DMD Family and Cosmetic Dentistry to set up an appointment. A new smile can make the difference in life and career!
This informative post about dental health and cosmetic treatments is brought to you by Saltzman Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Cary NC. Please call us for an appointment today.
919 380 9311
202 Town Village Drive
Cary, NC 27513
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
The material about crowns in this blog article is intended solely for informational purposes and is not intended to be offered as medical advice in any manner or form. Always consult a dentist, doctor or licensed medical professional with any questions.
Photo: Saltzman Family and Cosmetic Dentistry