Dental treatment has come a long way from the days when tooth extraction was a common remedy to relieve pain and discomfort. In 2017, dentistry is much gentler on the teeth and much more effective than it ever has been. In Cary and the Triangle, E. Scott Saltzman DMD uses state-of-the-art dental procedures to provide his patients with the best care possible. Saltzman Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Cary offers the latest treatment techniques to patients of all ages.
Dr. Saltzman offers four important ultramodern procedures that greatly improve results for his Triangle dental patients:
- Ultrasonic scaling: At one time, dental hygienists used rigid metal tools to scrape, or “scale,” tooth surfaces clean of bacterial build-up. Today, ultrasonic scalers do the same job with less damage to the teeth. A stream of water keeps the metal and the patient’s mouth cool while harmful plaque is removed.
- Fiber optic hand pieces: These modern dental tools give Dr. Saltzman the precision necessary to create perfect interfaces between a tooth and its restoration, including crowns, veneers and fillings. Patients experience less noise and vibration from these tools than they do with the classic versions.
- Magnification LED loupes: Jewelers use high-powered lenses, called “loupes,” to examine gemstones; Dr. Saltzman and his hygienist team use similar equipment to clean and restore gums and teeth. With special LED lighting, these modern magnification devices improve dental care by making it easy for doctor and staff to see fine detail of teeth and gums.
- Digital imaging: Unlike traditional x-rays, digital imaging of teeth requires 50 percent less exposure time and 90 percent less radiation. Digital X-rays offer more precision because the images are viewed on a computer monitor, instead of 35mm film.
Triangle patients trust E. Scott Saltzman DMD Family and Cosmetic Dentistry to always provide the latest treatment options. The Cary office is currently accepting new patients; please call to schedule an appointment.
In a special announcement, we offer a Dental Discount Plan for individuals currently without dental insurance.
Saltzman Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Cary offers a unique Individual Annual Membership Plan (only $279) that includes:
- Two cleanings per year with two exams
• Necessary x-rays
• Oral cancer screening
• 15% special discount off all dental work
There are no deductibles, no annual limits, no pre-authorizations, and no waiting periods! (This plan cannot be used in conjunction with any other plans.)
This informative post about dental health and cosmetic treatments is brought to you by Saltzman Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Cary NC. Please call us for an appointment today.
919 380 9311
202 Town Village Drive
Cary, NC 27513
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
The material contained in this blog article is intended solely for informational purposes and is not intended to be offered as medical advice in any manner or form. Always consult a dentist, doctor or licensed medical professional with any questions.
Photo: Saltzman Family and Cosmetic Dentistry